Guest Post: Lacey's Story

I am so excited to bring today's guest post to you. I want to introduce you to this sweet lady who wants to share her inspiring story with you. Meet Lacey.

"First of all, let me introduce myself…my name is Lacey. My husband and I just celebrated 11 years of marriage and have 4 wonderful children. Their ages are 10(girl), 8(boy), 4(girl), and  3(boy). We are also a homeschooling family and doing our best to try to serve the Lord at our church. I actually became a stay at home mom or homemaker when our second child was born. That took a leap of faith, to say the least, but that’s not what I want to share today.

Lord knows I love those children, but ashamedly I say I haven’t always been a loving mother. With that said, the Lord has done a work in me since I accepted Him as my personal Savior. Any goodness that flows out of me towards my children or to anyone, for that matter, is a result of Christ working in my heart. Yes, I still mess up it the Lord is faithful to forgive and my children are forgiving too. When I do mess up with my children, I ask them to forgive me. In order for us to teach forgiveness, we must also live it in front of them.

Since our 10 year old turned 10 this month, I’ve had a lot of regrets resurface with her and her older brother. I wish I had held them more, kissed them more, rocked them more, played with them more, been more understanding that a wobbly two year old might spill things. The list could go on… The thing is, I can’t go back and change any of that, but I can seek God’s forgiveness and try my best with God’s help to change here on out.  I’ve tried to change it in our younger two children and do what I can to be the mother God intends me to be for all of them. Because my biggest fear is that one day they will resent me and turn away from the God I love.

I’m so thankful for a God’s forgiveness in my life as a mother and as a wife. I’m glad God gives us second chances and sometimes, honestly more than we deserve, to get things right, but He’s a gracious God. So, Mama, the young years are short, the long sleepless nights aren’t forever, the toys being strung from one end of the house to the over gets better, enjoy your children. Hold them a little tighter, rock them a little longer one day they will be adults of a lasting memory of their mother.

How will your child remember you?"

Thank you, Lacey, for sharing your story! I find this so encouraging and I hope everyone else did too.

You can find Lacey on Instagram at @keeperathome.titus2.5

Comments